Sunday 29 December 2013

Festive Lush Favourites


Firstly, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas or alternative. I certainly did! My Christmas wasn't exactly jam packed with excitement but getting the time to spend time with my family was enough for me. I got a few presents, which I love and I'm grateful for having such generous family and friends. The best part was most definitely the roast dinner my dad cooked for us all. OH I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my entire life. My dad sure does know his way around a kitchen. It was perfect, then we all sat around to watch Toy Story 3. My older brother and family then left and the rest of the evening was so lazy it's unreal, but it's nice to relax and have a glass of wine and finish your book. 
ANYWAY, I digress.
Secondly, I'm aware I'm stupidly stupidly late with this post. I've noticed many other people have uploaded similar posts to this weeks ago. I've just been so preoccupied with other things I actually haven't been able to get down to my nearest Lush store. 
I was actually finishing my Christmas shopping with my dad, last week when I dragged him inside the store because I've been meaning to indulge.
I didn't go crazy, mind. I picked up a few of my favourite products at this time of year. (They're all so delicious smelling I can't handle it.)

ON WITH THE POST...

SNOW FAIRY SHOWER GEL
£6.85 for 250g
I adore Snow Fairy, genuinely, the only things wrong with this product is the fact it's limited edition and not at all edible. I'm actually kicking myself that I only bought the 250g bottle. I'm definitely going to have to purchase some online if it's still up. Stock up for the rest of the year. This shower gel is so incredibly sweet, both you and your bathroom will end up smelling like sweets for hours. Not that that's a bad thing at all. It's one of the things that actually makes me love this product so much. The scent isn't overpowering after you've used it, it's noticeable and lingers for a while, compared to other products I've used. It's a bubblegummy, candyflossy, pear droppy, sweet shoppy smell and I love it. The texture of the gel is thick and creamy and only a small amount is needed for it to lather rather nicely. If you're not a fan of sweet scented things, I would definitely stay as far away as possible from this product. It even has a hint of sparkle. What more can you want at this time of year?

SNOWMAN BATH BOMB
£2.50 each
This little snowman is adorable. He has a lovely vanilla scent to him and he turns your bath water a pinky colour when you use him. The main ingredient in making him is cocoa butter and he's incredibly moisturising. I find myself getting out of the bath with lovely soft skin. The scent doesn't linger for too long on your skin after you've used it but it does give an enjoyable bath time, full of flavour. The photos of this snowman on the website are a little misleading because the products are handmade and aren't going to look perfect, but he's definitely still super cute. 
STAR LIGHT, STAR BRIGHT BATH MELT
£3.30 for 40g
This is one of my favourite products I bought the other day. It's COVERED in glitter and when you pick it up will get all over your fingers. Since it's a bath melt, I suggest not to hold it for too long otherwise it'll start to melt a little in your hand. I love using this little star, it turns the bath water a lovely aqua blue colour and the glitter makes my bath time feel so magical. It's a quite refreshing smell, of limes and ginger, which always makes me feel fresh after I've used it. It's extremely rich and creamy in moisture and I've definitely noticed how amazing my skin feels after using it. Some glitter sticks around after using it, so I'd take a minute or so to properly clean your bath. I've found the scent stays on my skins for a while, which I love. I  find myself constantly sniffing my skin because I smell so good.





MAGIC WAND BUBBLE BAR
£4.95 each
I loooovee this so much. It's a solid version of Snow Fairy, the shower gel. Besides the smell, the best thing about this bubble bar is that it's reusable. I think I've managed to get about five to six baths out of this before, but it depends how sparingly you use it. It comes on a stick, which in my opinion, isn't strong enough to support the weight of the head. You swish it about in you bath and it turns the water a lovely light pink colour. It just smells so heavenly. I find the smell it leaves on your skin and in your bathroom lasts so much longer than any of the products I've bought recently. As fun as swishing the wand in your bath is, to get the optimum use out of this, I would suggest running it under the tap.

CHRISTMAS PENGUIN BUBBLE BAR
£2.95 each
This little penguin shares the same problem as the little snowman, the photos on the website are misleading and the product itself isn't as perfect as you'd like it to be. I'm pretty sure I've lost this little guy's nose somewhere and I feel awful about it. Obviously the appearance doesn't really matter since you're popping them in the bath anyway. He has a lovely citrusy, almost menthol smell to him, extremely refreshing. When you've crumbled this bar under running water, your bath will turn a lovely pale blue colour and a load of bubbles will form. This bubble bar leaved my skin feeling soft and hydrated. I've found the scent doesn't linger for too long after use. 


I'm really frustrated with how long it actually took me to finally get to lush, and how long it took me to put up this post. I definitely need to organise my time keeping.



Did you get anything from Lush for Christmas, or a little treat to yourself?
Have you tried any of these products and what are your opinions?
I'd love to hear what you think.

       twitter | instagram | tumblr | bloglovin'