Tuesday 12 November 2013

Glossybox November 2013


    I adore the concept of Glossybox and any other equivalent beautybox.

For those who aren't sure what it is, you pay about £10 for the box itself and then about £3 for postage each month. Inside you get five beauty 'must -have' products for the moment, based on a questionnaire you have to complete, so the products are tailored to your skincare/beauty needs.
The boxes are themed and include both full size products and samples. Both theme and contents are kept a surprise until people start receiving their boxes.
You can opt to pay once every month or every three, six or twelve months.
Currently, all pricing information is here: http://www.glossybox.co.uk/beauty. Chances are that they will move the website around, but if you have a poke around, I'm sure you'll find it.

My November box came today and I love it, I believe there's only one product I'm not impressed with at all. Since I'm still new to the blogging scene, I've never reviewed one of my Glossyboxes before. So, here we go.

The theme of this month's box was 'The Glossy Wishlist.'  Winter has arrived I'm constantly trying to find the best products to keep my skin as healthy as possible in the harsh weather. This box has really helped me on my journey to radiant skin.

Items in my Glossybox were:

| VICHY | Idealia Life Serum |
| EMITE MAKE UP | Micronized Eyshadow, Dams |
| YVES ROCHER FRANCE |  Hand Cream |
| ELEGANT TOUCH |  Nail Polish Remover Pads |
| CONNOCK LONDON |  Kukui EDP |



  VICHY |  Idealia Life Serum.                     
      £29.50 for 30ml.                            
       
I already adore this product so much. I've been playing around with it since my box arrived this morning and I can tell already I'm going to purchase the full sized version. This sample is extremely generous in my opinion, you get three 3ml tubes of serum. Two of them 'Skin Idealizer' and one of them 'Smoothing and Illuminating cream.' Both products showed visible results straight away so I look forward to the effect after constant usage. My skin feels radiant and smooth and the serum itself smells amazing. Definitely one of my favourite samples I've ever received in my Glossybox.






YVES ROCHER FRANCE |  Hand Cream
                           £1.95 for 75ml. 

I love the Yves Rocher products. They're affordable and high quality and I'm yyet to try any of their hand creams, which maybe one of the reasons I got so excited when I found this lying in my box. I received the Cocoa and Raspberry scented hand cream, which when I noticed this I was so disappointed. I really dislike things chocolate scented, but I was pleasantly surprised because when I went to try it the raspberry overpowered the cocoa and it smelt delightful. My hands felt well moisturised and the cream itself is a lovely consistency, not too thick that you feel like you've covered your hands in glue but not too   runny, either. This definitely puts me in the wintery spirit.

ELEGANT TOUCH | Nail Polish Remover Pads.
   £2 for 20 pads. 


This is the only product in this month's box that I was disappointed with, and I know I won't use them. Not because it's a terrible product or not useful, because I hardly ever wear nail varnish. I get two days off a week from work, except when I've booked holidays, and I'm forbidden to wear nail polish. If I do have a lot of time off work, I do tend to indulge in the occasional fake nail, which is when these pads will come in handy. They're acetone free and nourishing to the nail and cuticle. The packet has a cover under the lid to keep the pads fresh so they last longer. Having actually used these pads before, I would recommend them







CONNOCK LONDON | Kukui Eau de Parfum
                        £75 for 100ml

In my opinion, this perfume has more of a autumnal feel about it, it is a primarily floral scent but has undertones of wood and spices which give me the feel of the autumn time, but it may just be me and my nose.
It's a lovely scent, none the less. It's long wearing and a rich smelling perfume. Definitely perfect for a formal dinner or a date. 



EMITE MAKE UP | Micronized Eyechdow, Dams.
£16.80 for 1.48g. 

Still unsure on this product. The texture feels similar to the texture of The BodyShop's eyeshadows but feels fairly waxy. I haven't used this yet in an eye look but I have swatched it on my hand and it's fairly difficult to remove. The product isn't as pigmented as i'd like but is fairly easy to blend so it'd be perfect for a smokey eye look. I haven't been wearing dark eyeshadow recently and when I have before I've avoided the colour black because depending what look you go for, if can look rather harsh against my complexion. It's free from oil, nickel, parabens and perfume and is perfect for sensitive eyes, like mine definitely are in the winter.
But I'm still undecided.



Those were all the products in my Glossybox and my current opinions on them. No doubt you'll be seeing some of these in my November favourites. 
I also have no idea why my photos have come out the way they have, they look high quality on my phone but when I uploaded them they looked terrible.


Are you subscribed to Glossybox or anything similar? What was in your box this month?
What of your favourite beauty products would you like to see in next month's box?

Thank you for reading. X

          twitter | instagram | tumblr | bloglovin'